Many of the books listed below are not specifically budgeting books, but are motivating and/or educational for those of us looking to manage our money well.
- The Total Money Makeover: Classic Edition: A Proven Plan for Financial Fitness by Dave Ramsey
- Debt-Free Living: Eliminating Debt in a New Economy by Larry Burkett
- Free and Clear: God’s Road Map to Debt-Free Living by Howard Dayton
- Your Money God’s Way: Overcoming the 7 Money Myths that Keep Christians Broke by Amie Streater
- Managing God’s Money: A Biblical Guide by Randy Alcorn
- Money, Possessions, and Eternity by Randy Alcorn
- Your Money or Your Life by Joe Dominguez and Vicki Robin
- The Complete Tightwad Gazette: Promoting Thrift as a Viable Alternative Lifestyle by Amy Dacyczyn
- The Cheapskate Next Door: The Surprising Secrets of Americans Living Happily Below Their Means by Jeff Yeager
- 48 Days to the Work You Love by Dan Miller
- What Color Is Your Parachute? A Practical Manual for Job-Hunters and Career-Changers by Richard N. Bolles
Digital Budgeting Tools & Apps
Online Budgeting Apps
- mvelopes. I (Debbie) have used this for years and it has made a huge difference in my budgeting success.
- everydollar. A Dave Ramsey product.
- YNAB. Stands for “You need a budget.”
Physical Envelope Systems, Planners, & Other Tools
- Envelope wallets from Dave Ramsey
- Cash Envelope System
- Mindful Budgeting Planner by Cait Flanders. She’s from Canada, so if you are ordering from the US or another country, scroll down to the appropriate link on her page.
Personal Finance Blogs
- Frugalwoods. A financial independence and simple living blog by a couple who dreamed of trading their hectic Boston-based lives for simple homesteading. The blog details their journey to financial freedom, and they continue to post monthly expense reports.
- Afford Anything. Paula Pant blogs primarily on owning and managing real estate as a method of being financially independent, but covers other topics as well. Her main idea is “You can afford anything, but not everything.” Encourages readers to determine their life goals and then manage their money to reach them. Provides income and expense reports surrounding her rental properties.
- Rockstar Finance. A site dedicated to sharing the best personal finance blog posts from thousands of writers.
- Money Girl. Blog of personal finance expert Laura Adams.
- Man vs. Debt. “Sell your crap. Pay off your debt. Do what you love.” Writing about topics in their tagline for nearly 10 years and encouraging others to join them on the journey.
The forms here on MyBudgetMentor are provided for your personal use. All rights reserved.
Blank Budgeting Forms
Budgeting Forms with Sample Data
NOTE: some of the links on MyBudgetMentor are affiliate links.We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
However, we believe in all products we link to, and you are welcome to purchase them through non-affiliate methods as well.